Pages

Saturday, June 16, 2012

My First Quilt


Okay so I decided to start with showing off some of my early projects. This little lovely is my fist quilt. Well not counting the one I made when I was 15 that my Grandma actually did most of. This is the first one I did on my own. I decided to quilt it by hand mostly because I didn’t have the necessary equipment required for machine quilting. I loved quilting it by hand it was a great excuse to just sit down and relax for a while. It was poorly basted so it’s a bit loose but it was a great learning experience.

I was super proud of the corners, I was afraid of them so I’m really happy with the way they turned out.



I used the cheater method of attaching the binding because I was in a hurry. Maybe the next one I’ll do it the right way. I gave it to my niece for her 7th birthday and she loves it. So all in all it turned out well.



No comments:

Post a Comment